Data Center Migration
A large multi-state healthcare company was facing a corporate relocation and an IT closet that was simply not adequate to support the rapidly growing company. OptimizeHealth was engaged to help determine the plan for their data center location and oversee the buildout of the new data center and computer operations migration.
Upon an initial review of the plans for the new location, OptimizeHealth recommended, and the client agreed, that an offsite location was needed. Further, it was determined that the best approach was to migrate the IT closet to a co-location facility prior to the company’s relocation. As such, OptimizeHealth led an effort to select the best location and vendor, a solution that also had to integrate within the corporate infrastructure architecture.
Using OptimizeHealth’s proven method for technology and vendor selection, the client ultimately chose to renegotiate its relationship with its current data services provider and contracted with a co-location partner. OptimizeHealth:
- Worked closely with the client through the contracting and requirements phases with all parties.
- Developed a plan and that included additional capacity for expansion and growth.
- Oversaw the buildout of the co-location facility.
The OptimizeHealth solution ensured the client many successes, including:
- The build out of the co-location data center was completed within budget.
- A HIPAA-compliant cage buildout expansion that included an expansion below the raised floor.
- A data center move that completed two weeks prior to the corporate relocation, which was ahead of schedule, and experienced no technology outages.