M & A INTEGRATION AND DIVESTITURE PROGRAM MANAGEMENT
Provide program management to unify geographically and culturally diverse teams and lead multiple planned divestitures to a successful conclusion. The client recently had acquired an entity with offices located in another state and India. The objective was to establish a common framework for IT program and project delivery that would satisfy several key business strategy requirements:
- Organize and make transparent to the stakeholders various bodies of work
- Increase on-time delivery
- Improve relationships among the diverse teams
- Lead a planned divestiture
The OptimizeHealth team evaluated the process maturity and delivery track record of the domestic, international, corporate and field offices. We interviewed stakeholders to understand their met and unmet needs; assessed the viability of program and project management methodologies, tools and artifacts in use across the teams for relevance and value; and gathered test and delivery requirements of the divestitures’ acquirers.
Applying a lean management approach to simplify project communications and reduce costs, we leveraged a narrow set of delivery tools, processes and artifacts to establish a framework for program and project delivery.
Next, we inventoried and classified all work items and set in place repeatable processes and activities regarding meetings management; issue and risk tracking; project roles and responsibilities; communication protocols; task definition; assignment and performance monitoring.
Finally, the OptimizeHealth team worked with the divestitures’ acquiring agents to oversee the cutover of IT systems, applications and transitions of data to meet the contractual, state and federal regulatory committees.
- The client’s on-time project delivery of less than 40% improved dramatically to greater than 90% in four months.
- Three of five of the lines of business were successfully divested on time and within budget.
- A collaborative “one team” mindset was forged based on developing a set of reliable delivery practices and procedures and shared successes that durably enhanced project delivery achievement.